W.I.N.E. Women in the New Evangelization Fall Book Club
READ BETWEEN THE WINES FALL BOOK CLUB 2017
WHEN WOMEN PRAY: ELEVEN CATHOLIC WOMEN ON THE POWER OF PRAYER
JOIN US ONLINE OCTOBER 1 – DECEMBER 17
SIMPLY FOLLOW THESE FOUR STEPS….1. SIGN UP FOR OUR WINE EMAILS
Each week the book club will cover one chapter in the book. On Sundays, beginning October 1st insightful tips for your small group and encouraging reflections for each of that week’s chapters will be posted and emailed directly to you. These reflections and tips are great to use in a group setting. Sign up here —> WINE Emails
2. ORDER THE BOOK BUNDLE
Why order through the online WINE shop? Simple. WINE is unique in that it is only place you can get the accompanying journal… and your purchase through the WINE shop supports all the wonderful work of WINE, a non-profit ministry. Best of all, buy them as a bundle and save money! (Who doesn’t like a good sale?)
A little about this great book: When Women Pray, edited by Kathleen Beckman, is a book that will inspire a new outpouring of prayer for healing and holiness. This timely work proclaims the joy of prayer and wealth of grace entrusted to praying women. Through poignant personal stories and Church teaching, eleven Catholic women magnify the Marian vocation of living as contemplatives in action.
**Note: You WILL definitely want to purchase the bundle! The accompanying journal is perfect for participants in Read Between the WINES book groups as well as for people reading the book on their own. The journal is a step-by-step guide that provides:
- space for personal reflection and an area to answer the Ponder, Practice, Pray questions
- specific prayer (and explanation of that prayer) that accompanies the theme of each chapter
- suggested weekly prayer commitment to help you form the habit of prayer
- comment and discussion question about the saint featured on the “Feminine Wisdom” page
- coloring page to help you enter into a sacred space of images, colors, and perhaps silence
3. START A READ BETWEEN THE WINES BOOK CLUB
Gather some friends together and meet in person to read and discuss When Women Pray. We are here to help – WINE makes it fun and easy to do!
- Invite your friends and/or a few fellow parishioners to join you for a 12-week book club
- Purchase the BOOK BUNDLE from the WINE shop
- Become a WINE MEMBER (There are various membership levels)
- Sign up for our weekly WINE EMAILS
- GROUP LEADERS: If you are leading a book club small group, be sure to click the box on the Fall Book Club email form and sign up as a WINE ENTHUSIAST, which will allow you to receive added support.
- Like us on FACEBOOK
- Join the WINE Book Clubs Facebook community
4. JOIN OUR VIRTUAL COMMUNITY
WINE encourages you to join the conversation! Studying the faith with others has so many incredible benefits including encouragement, accountability, new found friends, and it is fun – just to name a few!
This supportive community brings women together from across the country (and the world) who are reading When Women Pray? Whether in a WINE group, or on your own, each Sunday from October 1st to December17, you will receive a WINE email with reflections written by our dynamic team. These reflections are to guide you in your reading and help you create a fruitful small group experience. On our fall book club blog page, the comment section will also be a place to share your thoughts.
If you are on Facebook, search for “WINE Book Clubs” and request to become a member of the lively book discussion!
Questions: Send us an email at: WINE@CatholicVineyard.com
About: WINE is a creative and inspired ministry to invigorate women's groups and parishes through encouraging, supporting, and nurturing women in the Catholic faith and by equipping and mobilizing women as intentional disciples of Christ.